PDA

View Full Version : Stop Teasing Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenax
07-14-2006, 05:01 PM
so, i received part of my chlorinator system today ..arrrghhhhhhh(aquapilot manifold assembly but no control unit or wires) not a biggie, yet as i have a new heater on the way and it's all going to be put together at once..but my question is, once i get the heater and want to get the aquapilot put into the system, i can still get it plumbed, run my pool and use bleach until i get the control unit to add on..right? wrong? anything i need to watch for?

thanks a bunch.

T

waste
07-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Tenax, as long as you have all the in line equipment (make sure you've got the unions and o-rings), the control box and wires can be added later. Sorry your having some difficulties, but if the heater/ plumbing is ready before the box and wires arive, you can use BBB until you can genaerate your own chlorine :)

tenax
07-14-2006, 06:14 PM
what i have is the u shaped manifold? that includes the cell and there is an O ring between the manifold and the cell..the other piece i have is the straight piece that has the gate valve or whatever..piece that goes below..the o ring is in either end..there are no adaptors on either end of that..but i assume it's just standard adaptors/union knobs (the knurled nob thingies) if that's the way i want to assemble,right..i'm assuming those are for me to provide and yes..no wires not control panel. otherwise, that's great..thanks..i thought so but at the price, doublecheck:)

waste
07-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Tenax, sorry I loged off before your response yesterday. Sounds like you've got all the stuff you need to plumb the generator and flow switch in - the flow switch doesn't need unions but the cell does, so you can easily remove and inspect it periodicly. Whoever plumbs the system for you will know what to do with them, but be sure to show them the installation/ owner's manual so that they do it right the first time.

tenax
07-15-2006, 07:07 PM
thanks a bunch..i do plan to go with unions on the flow switch as i likely will make a "season startup" piece that takes the whole aquapilot manifold etc out until my pool is basically cleaned up of all the bigger material) and to keep the whole assembly stored indoors over winter.