PDA

View Full Version : initial test results

p.p.h.
04-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Just started up my new 10000 gal Pebbletec pool 2 weeks ago. The pool company came by within those 2 weeks a few times and took care of the water for me so I never tested it until now. Heres my results thus far.
CH=275 CYA=80-90 FC=4.0 CC=0 PH= 7.4-7.5 ALK=140-150
Water is 70 degrees

Any thoughts on what I need to do or does something need adjusting?
The SWG is coming within the next few weeks, where should I get my levels at before they install it? Any special preparations need to be made?

duraleigh
04-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Well, p.p.h., you may have to change your username to Ph.d. (of pools, of course).:D

Looks like you've got everything under control. Your CYA is probably exactly what the manufacturer recommends. If you made me complain about something, you might keep an eye on Alk. I wouldn't let it drift much higher but I don't think I'd undertake any active measures to lower it, either. Looks like your all set for Summer. :)

CarlD
04-11-2006, 12:09 PM
P.P.H.

VERY good start-up numbers!

Your T/A is too high for a pebble-tec pool, but not by much. I agree with Duraleigh that you are best off leaving it alone. If your water gets cloudy, then you should lower it.

Try to keep your FC over 5--your CYA is 80-90--higher than I like but not a problem if you follow Ben's "Best Guess" table for the chlorine. I believe 5-8ppm is the range you should hit--but go by the table.

At that time, follow the plan laid out in the Alkalinity section--lower pH to 7.0-7.2 and aerate your water until pH rises over 7.3. Check T/A. If it's STILL too high, lower pH again to 7.0-7.2 and aerate until pH is over 7.3. Keep doing this until T/A is in the target range.

But those are fine start-up numbers!

p.p.h.
04-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll keep tabs on the alk. This forum is a great resource.