PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Filter Bags

derrikm
07-14-2006, 12:25 AM
I cannot find the original post, but I remember somewhere someone said the the Dolphin filter bags are rated at 20 microns and the Aquabot bags are rated at 2 microns.

Will the Aquabot bags fit the Dolphin? If so, is there any reason why I shouldn't use them instead? I cannot imagine another bag doing any better than my Dolphin bag. It truly picks up all the fine dust and sand from the bottom of my pool. But if there is a better bag out there, I'd sure like to try one.

CarlD
07-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Yeah, well, there's some debate on whether Dolphin is 2 or 20 microns. If your Dolphin is working, I wouldn't mess with it.

jimwnola
07-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Does your Dolphin filter bag pick up algae? The aquabot will come back quite green if you algae in pool, seeming to indicate that it does pick up very small particles of algae, smaller than sand. Otherwise, if pool is cleaned well by your robot, I wouldn't mess with it, but I am curious if there is much of a difference myself.

korinian
07-14-2006, 10:11 AM
This isn't likely to justify much confidence in Maytronics, but.....
I spoke with a Maytronics technical support rep this morning and asked them what the micron rating was for the bag that came with the Dolphin Dynamic. Their first response was "Why would you need to know?" I simply stated I was curious... They put me on hold and soon came back to let me know it was 30 microns.

When I purchased mine the ad said 2 microns. It came with two bags, one for small debris and the other for leaves and such. Mine works quite well, and the heavier bag does filter a lot of material.

waldreps
07-16-2006, 12:06 AM
When I purchased my Dolphin Diagnostic, it was also advertised as 2 microns. It also came with a green spring cleanup bag.

jimwnola
07-16-2006, 01:55 AM
I have also noticed conflicting ads on the microns of a Dolphin filter bag. Aquabot makes a real point about marketing their 2 micron filter bag. If Aquabot never brought a numerical rating to their marketign campaign, no one would have ever thought to ask, and they would just look to see if the pool was clean. Anybody who asks Dolphin about microns is going to put them on the defensive. It would be like calling up Aquabot and asking them if they used a drive belt.

cleancloths
07-16-2006, 08:09 AM
The Diamon is 2 microns while the Dolphin is 20 micron - this is not something you can see the difference on with your eyes. I forget, but I think a human hair is about 50 microns wide. So, you would be hard pressed to be able to see the difference with a naked eye. But, a 2 micron bag will remove many tiny particles that scatter light in your pool water and removing them will make the water look noticeably clearer.