PDA

View Full Version : 2 great bleach stories

Madty
07-13-2006, 11:38 PM
1. At Wal Mart- had about 15 gallons of ultra- girl asked are you gonna buy all that bleach. "No. I was just seeing how much I could fit in my basket. (Here's your sign)

2. Wal Mart- Girl at cash register looked at me funny with all my bleach. I just did a creepy grin back to her. She said that's a lot of bleach. I said yeah. I hope it's good at getting blood out of carpet. She just looked at me and rang it all up quick and never looked back at me. On the way out I said.... I have a pool!:D

hulla
07-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Happens to me too. People get suspicious when you buy 15 gallons of bleach.

KurtV
07-13-2006, 11:47 PM
That's pretty funny. I've never gotten any looks or questions when buying bleach but someone did say something about the ten pounds of baking soda I was once buying. I told her I was making a giant volcano for the science fair.

Macrosill
07-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Use caution. Dept of Homeland Security may receive a tip about some psycho lunatic buy up all the bleach in the area. All you need is one psycho cashier, not like there are any of those. After you are interviewed all of the gov't pools will be using bleach and the price will jump up to 5.00/gal since supply will be lower than demand.:eek:

CarlD
07-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Use caution. Dept of Homeland Security may receive a tip about some psycho lunatic buy up all the bleach in the area. All you need is one psycho cashier, not like there are any of those. After you are interviewed all of the gov't pools will be using bleach and the price will jump up to 5.00/gal since supply will be lower than demand.:eek:

Supplied by Halliburton with a $2/gallon delivery charge on top.

cleancloths
07-14-2006, 07:31 AM
I was at the supermarket and had 32 gallons of bleach in the wagon. Cashier asked what the #$%# are you going to do with all that bleach? Told her that it makes a great shake with just a little chocolate syrup.

medvampire
07-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Yesterday I picked up 5 big jugs at walmart. I had just gotten off work and still had my public lab coat on. The girl looked at me got a weird look on her face and kinda shook when she handed me the ticket. I ask if she was ok and she mumbles "yes" but wouldnt look me in the face. Well I get to the truck, ready to leave, glance in the mirror, and relise I had the window down on the way to Walmart so I have that Jack Nicholson look. Get home inspect the lab coat to see if I can get another day and on the front is a 2 or 3 inch splot of grams iodine at the bottom. This stuff is kinda a reddish brown when dry. Kinda expected the law to show and haul me away. Bet I get quick service next time I get in her line as well.:D

Steve

bgray
07-14-2006, 09:05 AM
I buy my bleach at Sam's, where it comes 3 jugs to a case, each jug is 1.42 gallons. In the midst of battling my algae bloom, I bought about seven cases. The cashier was nonchalant enough; however, when I reached the exit, the lady checking my receipt says, "I don't even want to know..."

I told her I was trying to dissolve a body. ;)

sevver
07-14-2006, 09:40 AM
I had been looking in my walmart for some Muratic Acid and some Borax to keep on hand, and when I asked the guy who worked there for them he gave me an odd look, and told me he would have to check to see if they carried them. Well off he went, so I continued to look around in the area. A little while later he came back and told me that they did not carry either of them, he said that they could be used for making bombs or something and and was looking at me sort of funnylike. I got a kick out of it, and thanked him and told him I would look at hardware stores.

Is that it? Are we all maniacs? Everyone seems to think so. I still want to go and buy thirty gallons of bleach at once though. :)

ChuckD
07-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Yesterday I picked up 5 big jugs at walmart. I had just gotten off work and still had my public lab coat on. The girl looked at me got a weird look on her face and kinda shook when she handed me the ticket. I ask if she was ok and she mumbles "yes" but wouldnt look me in the face. Well I get to the truck, ready to leave, glance in the mirror, and relise I had the window down on the way to Walmart so I have that Jack Nicholson look. Get home inspect the lab coat to see if I can get another day and on the front is a 2 or 3 inch splot of grams iodine at the bottom. This stuff is kinda a reddish brown when dry. Kinda expected the law to show and haul me away. Bet I get quick service next time I get in her line as well.:D

Steve

Y'know, your nom de forum isn't helping your case any either!

8^0

C.

KirstenHW
07-14-2006, 10:41 AM
This thread made my morning! (Especially MedVampire's iodine stain - I was LOL). My mom is a lab director for a water treatment facility - maybe I'll borrow one of her spare lab coats next time I go to WalMart! hee hee.

I picked up 15 or so at our WalMart and while the cashier could have cared less, a little old lady asked me what in the world . . . and while I felt the urge to be devilish, I fessed up and she said it sounded like a great idea.

BTW - i think the muriatic/baking soda bomb nonsense is hysterical in its own right.

Donna's Poolboy
07-14-2006, 01:37 PM
HA! I wondered if other people got the same reactions I get. Now I know!

A few weeks ago, the lady in line behind me saw the 10 bottles of bleach and said, "I don't know how dirty your clothes are but they're gonna get REALLY white."

When the cashier asks "How come so much bleach?" I usually play dumb and say "my wife told me we were out and that I should stop at the store and get some...think this is too much???"

Tredge
07-15-2006, 11:11 AM
HA! I wondered if other people got the same reactions I get. Now I know!

A few weeks ago, the lady in line behind me saw the 10 bottles of bleach and said, "I don't know how dirty your clothes are but they're gonna get REALLY white."

When the cashier asks "How come so much bleach?" I usually play dumb and say "my wife told me we were out and that I should stop at the store and get some...think this is too much???"

Lol. Best line yet!

I dont buy bleech but when I bought 10 gallons of Acid I got some very strange looks. They asked what it was for and I told them I was going to put it all in my pool. They looked very alarmed and said you dont want to Put that in your pool! Thats ACID!