PDA

View Full Version : Clear Above, Cloudy Under

rljagr
07-13-2006, 10:15 PM
With being new to this, I've got a question about our water. Here's my test results, which didn't seem real bad from what I've read.

FC - 4.5
CC - 0
PH - 7.8
ALK - 130
CYA - 40
Salt - 3600
Temp - 88
18x36 Vinyl, SWG, 26K

My problem is that the water looks crystal clear when you're looking at it from above the water, but when you get into the pool and go under it's actually cloudy. Is this something that I need to even worry about? Is this normal for a SWG? Like I said looking into the pool the water is crystal clear, so I'm really at a loss. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

medvampire
07-13-2006, 11:35 PM
What is your CH? I have a high calcium level in my pool and have noticed that if I let my ph go to high I have about the same problem you are having. The water looses it "sparkel" as well.
I drop my ph around 7.2 it clears and looks great.
Steve

CarlD
07-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Are you wearing goggles or a mask when you go under water? If not, it's your eyes, not the water.

If you are wearing goggles are they clean, scratched, fogging, beading?

rljagr
07-14-2006, 12:53 AM
CH is only 90.

No, as a matter of fact I wasn't wearing googles. But, I really haven't noticed the cloudyness until just a couple of days ago. It's always looked pretty clear under water. Maybe the pool is more stable than my eyes :)

Could it be that simple? I'll have to get a pair of goggles and see.

CarlD
07-14-2006, 07:29 AM
Yes, I believe it's that simple.