PDA

View Full Version : its me again

raptureready1953
07-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Hi Gang

Well I read and read. But still do not understand some stuff. Ok, I now know stableizer is to keep the chlorine in the pool. Mine is high when I put it in, but have to put more in within two days. Now with the stablizer, it should be better, I just bought it, have not put it in yet. My pool reading for alkalinity was 200. I have a vinyl pool so it should be 150. So how much do I put in? Also, I did put some ph decreaser in it tonight, 2 oz. So how long to wait before I add chlorine? I will not put the stablizer in until Tues night. Will be away all day Wend and will keep pump running 24 hrs. How long after I put in the stablizer can I swim again? Thanks for all the info.
Sheila

ps ok, here is a question I have looked all over for also. I have grandkids, what will happen if they pee in the pool? They wanted to know why they could not, I told them I do not know, but I know chlorine and ammonia do not mix. LOL. What is the correct answer to this?

CarlD
07-09-2006, 09:20 PM
"You want to swim in the toilet? Then don't pee in the pool!"

Watermom
07-09-2006, 09:26 PM
It would help if you would post water testing numbers and the volume of your pool. Then somebody can better advise you. Thanks.

raptureready1953
07-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi Gang

Well I read and read. But still do not understand some stuff. Ok, I now know stableizer is to keep the chlorine in the pool. Mine is high when I put it in, but have to put more in within two days. Now with the stablizer, it should be better, I just bought it, have not put it in yet. My pool reading for alkalinity was 200. I have a vinyl pool so it should be 150. So how much do I put in? Also, I did put some ph decreaser in it tonight, 2 oz. So how long to wait before I add chlorine? I will not put the stablizer in until Tues night. Will be away all day Wend and will keep pump running 24 hrs. How long after I put in the stablizer can I swim again? Thanks for all the info.
Sheila

ps ok, here is a question I have looked all over for also. I have grandkids, what will happen if they pee in the pool? They wanted to know why they could not, I told them I do not know, but I know chlorine and ammonia do not mix. LOL. What is the correct answer to this?

16ft by 3.5 ft ag/intex.... ph was high..7.8 .... total alkaline 200 ppm.. I put 2 oz of ph lowerer in it already. I have no chlorine again, have to do daily. Numbers here are...0.6 So I know I have to add chlorine, just wondering, how long after the ph decreaser can I safely add the bleach?

aylad
07-09-2006, 11:03 PM
You can safely add the bleach immediately after adding the pH decreaser. You will have to put Chlorine in the pool daily until you have stabilizer in it. When you add your stabilizer, put it in the skimmer, but don't backwash or retest (for the CYA) for at least a week, since it takes a long time to dissolve. You can swim immediately after adding the CYA, as long as your chlorine and pH are in line.

Janet

raptureready1953
07-10-2006, 10:49 AM
thanks so much... I retook all the test today except cya...my chlorine is a little high, at 3.0 , ph is great though at 7.6. BUT I do not understand how ph can be ok and my alkalinity is higher today at 250 when last night it was 200 with ph off a little. I am learning, bear with me please. I really appreciate all the answers given. Thanks for this forum. :)