PDA

View Full Version : Swim 'N Play? Highland 54? Looking for our 1st AG!

Alysenlynn
07-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Our local dealer only sells Swim 'N Play. I searched through this forum but didn't see anyone discussing them. Anyone out there have experience with this maker? A friend had purchased one from these guys 2 years ago and had a great experience. But they did NO homework ahead of time just took the plunge.

I saw the Highland 54 online and fell in love. My hubby thinks I feel for hype. I haven't looked for a dealer yet though.

Some local dealers sell the Cantar models but we haven't talked to them yet.

We're still in the looking phase and I'm doing lots of research! I understand that the install with a level ground is the MOST important thing. We've picked out site on that plus sun. We will have a professional instal and my hubby will build the deck.

We're looking for quality and a long life time out of the pool. I think we're settled on a 24 ft but I'd still like to price a 27 ft round.

I've read the aluminum Vs steel Vs resin discussion. I didn't come away with much other then resin would be ok here in the deep south. A few mentioned not having steel touch the ground. What exactly should I be looking for there.

Thanks!

traceyb
07-10-2006, 11:33 AM
I started a thread called "doughboy or ester williams". There is alot of good discussion regarding many pools out there. It might help you. I myself was looking at the 27' but went 30'. depending on your yard space, a 24 looked pretty small to us, however it depends on the usual # of people (adults vs children) that will be in there. Check out the thread though, you'll learn alot. As a new pool owner.........(not even installed yet) I learned through the help of the folks who kept the thread going. I thank them every day.

matt4x4
07-10-2006, 02:10 PM
I have the Vogue Impact/Summum 30 foot round, and have absolutely NOTHING bad to say about this pool, matter of fact, the company is one of the AG pool leaders worldwide. If you do enough research, you'll find that many AG pool manufacturers are located in Quebec Canada - not sure why, but they just are, that's where this one's from.
The nice thing about this pool, other than the bolts used to zip uo the wall ends, there isn't a bolt to be found on it structurally - very maintenance free, after 3 years, not a single sign of aging, no fading, no drying or staining of the injection molded frame pieces, no warping, buckling etc. It's just been a great pool that needs nothing more than the odd wash down to get the bird droppings off.
Oh, and the top rail is VERY strong - my kid was launching himself off on the weekend when I noticed that there is no deflection, no twisting, it's just really solid.
As for the others, I can't comment since I don't own them, but Cantar is also a BIG canadian supplier/distributor, many of our after market parts are from Cantar like the solar blanket etc.

Word of advice - the bigger the better, I was going to go with 24 to start, then thought 27 is good, eventually custom ordered the 30 foot and haven't regretted it.
Around our area, they order in pre season and 30 isn't yard friendly, so they do not stock it - I just ordered mine before they placed the yearly order to save from them upcharging me on delivery etc.

Alysenlynn
07-10-2006, 02:26 PM
I have the Vogue Impact/Summum 30 foot round, and have absolutely NOTHING bad to say about this pool, matter of fact, the company is one of the AG pool leaders worldwide.

Thanks Matt! One of our local companies carries Vogue. I'll have to price them out now that someone has responded with actual experience using one! :)