PDA

View Full Version : Aquachem pH reagent

bradjo
07-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Hi;
I need another bottle of Aquachem's pH reagent phenol red (phenolsulfonephthalein), offhand Taylor offers both R-0004 and R-0014 and I think a couple others. Anyone know which (R-00XX), one it is?
Thanks,
Jo

waterbear
07-09-2006, 03:47 PM
The R-0014 would be the closest. The R-0004 won't work. It is designed to be used with a 45 ml water sample.

pool newby
07-09-2006, 04:10 PM
My aquachem professional test kit has a 800# you can call, and supposedly they will send you more reagent free. I haven't tried it yet, but probably will soon as I will be needing some more CYA reagant. I'm hoping they will be responsive, they did send me some free test strips when I registered online. If you need the number, let me know, and I'll get it for you.

Bob P
pool newby
18' Pacifica ABG, 8600 gallon,Waterway 26 inch sand high rate sand filter. 2.5 hp dual speed pump

bradjo
07-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks Bob my AquaChem has the numbers too. But I'd like to switch to the more readily available Taylor reagents. I was hoping to do it without having to acquire another hunk of plastic box and sample/comparator cells. If I can't switch directly I'll give up and buy a taylor oto kit and just add more dinosaur to the landfill.
Jo

waterbear
07-09-2006, 09:05 PM
I have an Aquachem and two Taylor kits (among others). the Taylor is much easier to read and the color match much better on the comparator. IF you just want pH get a taylor K-1000 OTO and pH kit (Or Ben's PS200...basically the same kit for less money). It's very inexpensive. Otherwise get a K-2006 or better yet, get Ben's PS234...much better value for the money (and you can use the taylor reagents with it if you need to)

bradjo
07-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Hi Evan;
I already own an AquaChem professional and the Taylor 2006C. I just wanted to do the pH without a 44 ml sample.

As for the accuracy I can't really complain my AquaChem has been right on the dot with the Taylor. Since I use the AC daily and once a week test with both for a QA check of sorts.
Thanks for the input I really appreciate it,
Jo

waterbear
07-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Hi Evan;
I already own an AquaChem professional and the Taylor 2006C. I just wanted to do the pH without a 44 ml sample.

As for the accuracy I can't really complain my AquaChem has been right on the dot with the Taylor. Since I use the AC daily and once a week test with both for a QA check of sorts.
Thanks for the input I really appreciate it,
Jo
The R-0014 should work fine with the small tube comparator on the aquachem kit. It's the same reagent used in the K-1000 and in Ben's PS200. The comparators in the Taylor and Ben's kit are much better, however.