PDA

View Full Version : Decorative rocks / design around the pool

slowtan
04-10-2006, 01:14 AM
I only purchased my pool last year and just bought a year of white gravel put some of that cheap black plastic around the pool. This year the plastic is falling down and I want to re-do the entire area. Can I get some pictures from you guys or some ideas.

My pool is perfectly level but my yard is not .. When they installed the pool , they charged extra because they was an 10.5" difference from one side of the pool to the other so they had to dig down to make it level.

One guy told me to bull-stone around it but I am not sure what is bull-stone.

Stephen
slowtan@houston.rr.com - if you want to email me a pic.

Lenny
04-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Hi Stephen,

Are you saying that you need to find a way to bring more of your yard up to pool level so it can serve as a deck? Not sure that I totally understand your situation but I'll take a shot.

10.5" is no big deal. I have a much more challenging situation on one side of my pool that I'm currently dealing with. I'm building a wall using EP Henry wall blocks that will bring the problem area up to deck level. Then I plan to fill the area with dirt, stone and pieces of slate.

If this is your situation, I can take some pictures and post. Not sure how handy you are with this type of thing. A project like this is challenging but I learned it on the fly (so obviously it's not rocket science ;) ).

Lenny

slowtan
04-10-2006, 03:42 PM
I not trying to bring the yard up to serve as a deck.

I am just trying to get a better looking surrounding outside my pool. The job I did last year was horrible and I am looking for ideas on how to make the outer edge more sturdy and better looking. I just thought the slope of my backyard was part of my reason why it doesn't look that good.

JohnnySixString
04-26-2006, 01:57 AM
We just had a 24' round installed and have a similiar problem I think. Because of the slope of our yard, the excavation left us with the front half of the pool almost a foot below the yard line. Not planning a deck anytime soon, just a 5x5 paved patio in front of the pool where the ladder will go. We're thinking we need to tear into the ground and grade it gradually down to the pool. This doesn't sound like fun because it's half of the pool and it looks like a lot of digging, but we'll do it if we have to.

Then we were just going to build a frame around the pool using some type of edging bricks and fill the space with river rock or something, over weed block fabric. I'd love to hear any other ideas too.