PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Poolforum and Participants

Davenj
07-07-2006, 07:42 AM
We had our pool installed last year. I read, searched, and asked questions on this site for a year prior to the install. We decided on a PB and communicated exactly what we wanted. We bought Ben's kit before the pool was installed. When the PB came for our training after installation they looked at the pool and checked the water. There comment was "I guess you don't need us." The information gathered before hand made the process go much faster and smoother, I believe. They have offered me a job twice, when I retire. I'm not up to that, just knew what we wanted, plumbing, filter, pump etc.,. Everyone that see's the pool ask how we keep the water so nice. I send them here, BBB.
Just wanted to thank everyone. Makes owning and maintaining the pool very enjoyable.
Dave

mhnewcomb
07-07-2006, 07:58 AM
I must second that! I found this site and forum five years ago--wow, I can't believe it's been that long! The first season after we bought our house with a pool, I never could get the water "just so", and I continued to buy into the pool store baloney. When I had a pump problem and couldn't get a repair for a week or so, I started searching the net and came up with this site. Since then, I've had plenty of problems, but all of them have been either the natural and unavoidable, or the caused-by-neglect variety. And NONE of them have been about water chemistry--everybody loves my soft, non-drying, heavily chlorinated water and cannot believe that I use generic bleach to get it there. Thanks to all of you.

Poconos
07-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Nice to here these types of comments and you can be assured they are most welcome.
Thanks from all who helped.
Al

katatonic
07-19-2006, 08:39 AM
I too am very glad to have found this site. I wish I would have researched before we purchased our pool. I think we did ok with the purchase though. We are brand new to pools. Neither my husband or I have ever owned one. The pool store salesguy supposedly told us to come back after the pool was installed and he would go through step by step what to do with the chemicals. We don't recall him saying this and he is the guy we have to wait for at least 15 minutes when we go to the store because he is so busy with others.

I followed the box to open the pool and put too much stablizer in. I found this site and have had little problems since. My husband is amazed that I use laundry bleach and muratic acid ( haven't had to use borax or baking soda yet- darn alkalinity!).

Because of this site we were able to take back our Nature 2 system and we got a fountain instead (we are always fighting alk so I figured it was a better thing) along with a light, toys and some stabilizer much better deal!!

I have a lot to learn but always seem to come away with something when I visit this site. The people here are incredible.

ty