PDA

View Full Version : What is the best temperature to install new liner

mudfun
04-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Hi, I just found this forum. My wife and I just installed a new wall on our 15X30 AG pool. We also went with a J-hook liner vs. the overlap liner that was originally installed. The liner doesn't seem to fit, but it is the right size. :eek: We were able to hang it only on about 9/10th of the wall. Does temperature and sun play a big role in installation? We tried stretching it some, but the outside temperature was only in the 40's with no sun. Today should be middle 50's with plently of sun. I was under the impression that a J- hook liner didn't need to be stretched that much. Are there any tips to installing a J-hook liner? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

duraleigh
04-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Others who do it for a living will have better advice. That said, I was told when I did mine that 70-80 was an ideal temp. Not too hot to sag but hot enough to give the stretch and flex you need.

I followed that advice and it worked well for me.:)

Dave S.

kaybinster
04-09-2006, 12:57 PM
I had a section come out on my IG pool when I opened it a few weeks ago. The temperature was quite cold so I just used a hair dryers to carefully heat the liner so I could stretch it and get it back in the track.

mudfun
04-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the replies. We did get the liner to fit. The sun made a big difference. Filling it with warm water now to work the wrinkles out. Thanks again

NWMNMom
04-17-2006, 11:20 AM
How warm was it when you got it to work well? Once it was warmer and it went in, was the J-hook a nice fit? Our new pool has a j hook too but will be installed in May after site prep. Thanks.

mudfun
04-17-2006, 11:42 AM
How warm was it when you got it to work well? Once it was warmer and it went in, was the J-hook a nice fit? Our new pool has a j hook too but will be installed in May after site prep. Thanks.
It went up to 60 that day, I'm sure your install will go fine. The thing that made the biggest difference was the sun. The whole install was easier that I expected. Good Luck!

hrsdennis
04-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Yes, direct sunlight is the big factor, not the temp so much. High noon on a sunny day is ideal.

Dennis