PDA

View Full Version : Parts for Compool diverter valve

GWNorth
07-06-2006, 02:05 AM
Before I ask my question, I must say this is a fabulous site for information on operating a pool. We just purchased a home with an indoor pool (16x32 concrete) and from not knowing anything about running a pool before, I managed to bring down the pH from 8.2+ to 7.6, clear up a bit of algae, figure out how to backwash, clean a pump filter, and other misc. items with almost nothing puchased at a pool store. Thanks everyone for all the valuable information.

My question is concerning a sourcing a replacement part for my system. I have been searching for a replacement diverter assembly for an old Compool Y style valve that is used to switch between a spa and the pool. The diverter handle was broken due to inadequate maintenance by the previous owners. It would be tricky to replace the whole valve due to a tight piping location. Pentair bought Compool and this valve has been discontinued. The replacement parts are still listed on some web sites but when I contact the stores, they say the parts are no langer available to order. Would anyone here know of any stocking parts sources that may still have one sitting on a shelf?

The specific part I am looking for is listed as:
Part Number: DIV-25F under PacFab or 270093 under Pentair
Description: Maintenance-Free Div. Assy. For FRE-2Y, PTV-2Y and PRO-3 Valves

Any leads that people might have would be appreciated.

Thank you

pentairtech
07-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I am sorry to tell you, but those parts are no longer made. You would have to replace it with a new vlv.

GWNorth
07-07-2006, 12:10 AM
> I am sorry to tell you, but those parts are no longer made. You would have to replace it with a new vlv.

I was suspecting the parts were no longer made but it is nice to have the confirmation. I was hoping that someone might know a parts outlet that may still have some old stock on the shelves. I know this is a longshot but it sure would save a bit of tricky work for me.

mshumack
07-07-2006, 06:40 AM
www.pool1.com has the part. Its $40. You can strip out the valve guts and replace into your body. I entered you rnumber (270093) to get Pool1's part number. Good Luck

Item #: 6675-08B
Description: DIVERTER, PEN DIV25F
Price:
$40.96
FREE delivery*

GWNorth
07-08-2006, 12:59 AM
I didn't come across pool1 in my search. I will give them a try. Thanks for the lead.

GWNorth
07-11-2006, 02:13 AM
Unfortunately, pool1 does not have stock either. It was worth a shot though.