PDA

View Full Version : pool wall bending

stellenbrav
07-05-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm In The Process Of Installin A 27' Above Ground Pool With A J-bead Liner. This Is All New To Me And A Long Learning Process (headache!). I Got The Wall Up Yesterday, Installed The Liner And Began Filling It With Water. All Looked To Be Going Well, I Had All The Wrinkles Out And The Liner Seemed To Be In The Correct Position, However, When I Returned To Check On It After Letting The Water Fill For A Couple Of Hours, One Side Of The Wall Was Bucklinf In Toward The Center Of The Pool. It Appears As The Weight Of The Water Is Pulling On The Liner And In Turn On That One Wall. No Excess Liner On The Other Side. Is This Common? Will The Pressure Of The Water When It Fills Push The Buckles Back Out Into Their Correct Position? Or Should I Drain The Pool And Start All Over. Help!

denanbob
07-05-2006, 01:04 PM
This exact same thing happened to us. I don't know how to link a thread, but try this: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=3468

If that doesn't work, try doing a search for "Encountering a problem" which was the title of my post. Read through that and hopefully it will help you! Good luck!

denanbob
07-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Forgot to add the end result - everything straightened out and it all looks fine now. Hopefully the same will happen for you!

matt4x4
07-05-2006, 01:14 PM
By the sounds of teh type of buckle, it will likely go away, if it does not go away, you may have a bit of a high spot under that portion of the wall.
Post back once it's full.

stellenbrav
07-09-2006, 09:46 PM
:d I Wanted To Post An Update And Let All Know The Bends In The Wall Disappeared When The Pool Was Completely Filled. We're Up And Running And The Kids Are Having A Great Time. Thanks To All For The Input:)