PDA

View Full Version : We Need Help!

Brooke
07-05-2006, 11:46 AM
We have an above ground pool with a very small leak on lower part of the pool. I Have A Patch kit that came with it, do i just put the smaller patch under the larger patch and seal with the adheasive it came with. Please Help!!!!!!!!

matt4x4
07-05-2006, 12:02 PM
I don't know what the repair kit you have is, but most kits tell you on the package if they can be used under water. Also not sure about your small/large patch question....
Some kits come with blue vinyl similar to a liner, some with clear vinyl, some with self adhesive backing on clear vinyl.
I have the clear vinyl with a separate tube of adhesive, can be done under water.
Cut patch with nicely rounded corners, approximately 1/2" to 1" bigger than hole (all the way around), cover in adhesive, fold onto itself, go under water, you may want to use 2 people in deeper waters (one holding the other down) so buyancy is not a problem, unfold patch, place centered over hole, squeeze out excess air towards sides, press very firmly in place. Do not disturb for a few hours.
You can set a heavy object on it if it's on the floor, this works very well.

I go back to it after about 15 minutes and repress it good all the way around to help seal the edges well.

Brooke
07-05-2006, 12:06 PM
so we'd have to get our patches and go underwater

Brooke
07-05-2006, 12:16 PM
ok well i found a store with repair kits thanks for your help....when-ever you can close this tread is fine

cableguy1
07-05-2006, 01:20 PM
http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=101&highlight=ajs-1
I hope this link works for you!