PDA

View Full Version : Advice/info on new IG marcite with cracks and leak

Donna Fowler
04-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie to pool forum and desperately need your wisdom. I'm a first time pool owner and unsure of the info I'm getting from the pool contractor. Here's the problem. Pool construction went smoothly on our IG marcite until the plastering. It was initially plastered the wrong color :eek: . No problem states the company, they replastered it within 2 days after chipping out around the drains & skimmer and assured me this did nothing to the integrity of the plaster. Pool was acid washed and filled 2 days later. There were some color variations on the steps and swim-out and I noted those to the company and again--reassured that it's normal.:rolleyes: There's a leak in the pool and we're loosing water at 1/3 of an inch a day. The company now admits, yes there is a leak and they are sending the "leak guy" to fix it. But now there are several large linear cracks in the plaster on the steps, bottom of the pool, and the swim-out . Again, I'm getting reassurance from the company that these are "check cracks" and minor and there's a liquid that they can treat them with. I'm new to pool ownership, but these are large, linear cracks that I can feel. Also there is a texture difference in the plaster on the steps and swim-out so I think that the plaster is very thin in those areas and that the plaster is actually cracking due to non-union of the two plaster coats. Can all of you give me some help and advice. I'm still holding some money on this pool construction and the company is quite reputuable (maybe) and respected in this area so I'm hoping they will eventually resolve the leak problem. The plaster problem is what I'm really worried about. Will the life of the plaster be shortened due to that second coat, and is it going to just begin to come off? All info will be greatly appreciated. In case it makes a difference it is a SWC pool.