PDA

View Full Version : Should I use sequestering agent?

Amir
07-03-2006, 01:08 PM
I have rdish/brown stains from the clay/mud that washed in the pool. Water is clear now. Does sequestering agent help removing the stains - I don't know if they are metal stains. If so what kind and how to use. The pool is Gunite with one month old plaster.
Thank you
Amir

mbar
07-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Crush up some vitamin C tablets, put them in a sock, and rub it on the stains. You can also use some ph down in a sock if you have it. If the stain goes away then it is a metal stain. If the stain stays the same then it is organic. If it is organic, take your chlorine up to shock levels and keep the pump running 24/7, brush the pool and they will eventually go away. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Amir
07-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the info. You basically want me use a mild acid? Last night I sprinkled some Cal Hypo (slow dissolving kind) on some of the areas and that seems to work. I will give the acid a try this week end and see if it helps any better.
Regards

Amir

mbar
07-05-2006, 03:42 PM
If it comes up with the cal hypo then it is organic, and the chlorine will eventually remove them over time.