PDA

View Full Version : Converting from Baquacil to Chlorine

tammydiaz
07-02-2006, 03:57 AM
Just installed a 15 x30 ABG at end of last summer. We live in South Texas and I now finding out that using the Baquacil system is not working. I am buying hundreds of dollars in chemicals and it never seems right no mattter what they tell me at the pool store. I think I want to convert but need step by step instructions as I am new at all of this. Any help will be appreciated.:)

duraleigh
07-02-2006, 05:45 AM
Read every post in the PHMB section where you posted. Lot's of step-by-step examples.

Gracy101
07-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Actually - the post directly before yours right now is from Lizzie64 called "taking the plunge" and she's been going through the exact same thing the last week. Very interesting .....

Good luck.

VOLDADDY
07-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Tammy,

Ditto the above posts. Go buy A LOT of bleach and order Ben's kit. That's about all you need to get started. Add bleach 3x a day to get to 15 PPM. Keeo doing this until your water is clear and you maintain a reading of 15 PPM overnight for a couple of nights. That's a quick synopsis. oh yea, one more thing- go buy a new wallet to keep all of the extra $$$ you will save!