PDA

View Full Version : Test results

bryjen
07-01-2006, 07:48 PM
I posted last mo about my neighbors pool. ( Mines been great far using bbb method) . Her chlorine disapears overnight. Her pools 30,000 gal gunite 11 yrs old really needs a new plaster job. Was wondering if that could cause chemistry probs. When I worked with her she had no cya reading ph and alc were low. I gave her my stablizer. Do the fact her daughter getting married she was unable to spend more time on her prob.
Yesterdays results
Fc-0
Cc-0
Ph-7.3
Alc- 110
Cya-90 ( pucks) she is not using them anymore.
Water is somewhat cloudy. Using bleach calc told her she needs to shock using 11 gals to bring it up to 20. She put in the 11 gals last night by this morning it was gone. Yikes at this point she probably thinks im crazy. Im thinking the answer im going to get is she needs to keep it had shock level without dropping for a few days.

Watermom
07-01-2006, 09:29 PM
She didn't need your stabilizer! Hers is already too high. I hope she didn't add any of it. You are right that our advice is going to be to shock and try and hold it there for a few days. With a cya of 90 and a FC of 0, she probably is fighting something in her water and may go through quite a bit of bleach initially.

bryjen
07-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks watermom. Actually when I first tested her water she had no stabilizer. Thats when I added mine she continued to use the pucks though. I think I got her convinced to use bleach. What do you think shes fighting?