PDA

View Full Version : Nature2 Purifier?

Calicowinks
07-01-2006, 03:01 AM
Hello to all!

This is my first post. I am very happy to have found this site! We have been swimming in our new pool for a week, totally oblivious to water chemistry while the pool company has been taking care of the water. The pool has been officially turned over to us and this forum has been invaluable with helping us to understand the principles of treating pool water!

My question/comment is this: A Nature2 Express Purifier came with the pool but has yet to be installed. We were told it would be installed 20 days after the pool water had been added. I have not been able to find out what exactly is in this purifier but I suspect it is copper and/or silver. From the posts I have read, it does not sound like something we want! I don't want the stains or the green hair! Does anyone know what is truly in this purifier and how it works? We were told we had to change the cartridge every 6 months.........to the tune of $80! Sounds like a good way for the pool company to keep their customers returning on a regular basis!

Your thoughts would be most appreciated!

CarlD
07-01-2006, 07:22 AM
My thoughts?

You NAILED it! It is a copper/silver erosion system with absolutely NO hard evidence it works. $80 buys a LOT of chlorine.

IMHO, it is a total waste of money...

waterbear
07-01-2006, 06:11 PM
It is an erosion feeder and the cartridge contains copper sulfate and silver nitrate. Austrailia recently passed legislation that requires ALL copper/silver systems, including N2, to be used with NORMAL, not reduced, chlorine levels to keep the water sanitized and safe. Only wish our own EPA was as diligent in protecting our health here in the US!

gonefishin
07-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Our pool "kit" came with a Nature2 system as well. After doing some reading here I decided not to use the system at all. I took it back and recieved a $100 in store credit.

Worked out quite well.

have fun!
dan

Calicowinks
07-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi!

Thank you for all that have posted to my question! Your thoughts solidified my thinking that I do not want this system on my pool! And it was good timing, too because the pool company came out yesterday to install the purifyer and I was able to stop them before they cut into the pipes. YEAH! And I will be asking for credit!

Take care and many thanks!

Shari