PDA

View Full Version : Parade of Mice...

troykristoffer
06-30-2006, 03:34 PM
So... in the last week I've had to fish 3 mice out of my pool....

One of them I "rescued" as it was still alive and swimming for dear life, and could barely walk when I put him out in the woods. Poor thing..

I think they're coming to my 'oasis' for beverage refreshment and falling in! The first two werent so lucky and went to the mousey heaven in the sky.

Anyone got any tips in keeping them out of my pool? We have a solar cover, but that doesnt seem to help, as they still get to the water. And dont say mouse traps either LMAO. I can only imagine a big ol' squirrell getting his tail caught in one...

Bleach=Chlorine?
06-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Rat bait around the pool? ;-)

adillenal
06-30-2006, 07:52 PM
This is one problem I won't have. I live in the country and have what we call barn cats although they have moved from the barn to my patio and pool area. Keeps the mice away though.

Kimrst
06-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Could you put some water someplace so the mice can get to it without taking the mandatory swim? Just a thought...

troykristoffer
07-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Hmm...Well, unfortunately I cant use rat poison as we have pets that respect their boundries, but would probably not respect the poison. I would love to get a cat, but my dogs would not respect that either. They'd have a buffet. Water for drinking is a possibility. I wonder if they'd learn where to drink. Will try it :) Thanks!

les_smith
07-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Motion activated sprinkler works for cats, and deer. If the mice are large enought to set off the sprinkler it might work.
http://www.perfectponds.com/scrcrw.htm

matt4x4
07-10-2006, 08:59 AM
My dog takes care of any rodents, unfortunately, he doesn't know where the line between rodents and wildlife/ or other's pets lies, as long as it sets foot on our land, to him it's game on!

mark3
07-13-2006, 09:42 PM
So... in the last week I've had to fish 3 mice out of my pool....

One of them I "rescued" as it was still alive and swimming for dear life, and could barely walk when I put him out in the woods. Poor thing..

I think they're coming to my 'oasis' for beverage refreshment and falling in! The first two werent so lucky and went to the mousey heaven in the sky.

Anyone got any tips in keeping them out of my pool? We have a solar cover, but that doesnt seem to help, as they still get to the water. And dont say mouse traps either LMAO. I can only imagine a big ol' squirrell getting his tail caught in one...

I "caught" about 30 mice/moles in my pool the first year, maybe 20 in year 2, a few in year 3 and now a couple/year. And at the same time, I haven't seen traces of any in my house in the last few years.

My pool a big expensive good mousetrap?