PDA

View Full Version : Happy with conversion

jeffmull
06-30-2006, 10:14 AM
My 30000 gallon IG pool looked great using Baquacil the first year I moved in.

Last year, I spent well over $1000 on Baquacil products and the pool was NEVER really clear.

At the end of last year I converted using bleach, and by the end of the week the pool already looked better than any time that year.

This year, it looks wonderful using the generic chemicals as suggested here.
Ad, I'm saving a fortune on chemicals. In fact, I m adding a Salt Water Chlorine Generator and it will pay for itself in one year vs baquacil. Plus - clear water.

Thanks to all who contribute on this forum. It gave me the knowledge I needed to understand what was happening to my pool and how to fix it.

Jeff in NH

VOLDADDY
07-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Let me 2nd this post. I used Baquacil for 2+ years. The first couple of years were fine, albeit expensive. The start of the 3rd year was a nightmare I had algae running wild. I would add Baquacil shock and algistat/sanitizer all of the time and it didn't help. I used pink treat and any other chemical my pool guy would/could pawn off on me. Whenever it would rain, you could sit in the house and watch the algae grow. Plus, my pool always had a cloudy look to it. Now my pool is amazingly clear, and I am spending 1/10th the cost on chemicals. Sounds too good to be true, but it works. If you have Baquacil, I can't tell you how pleased you will be by converting. Thanks to all that give their time to help folks like Jeff and I out. I try to help with what limited knowledge I have to give back to this great forum.

Have a happy 4th of July!!!