PDA

View Full Version : Dead Pump: How to maintain chemistry?

Ken and Laura
06-30-2006, 10:14 AM
We have in IG, 18x36 oval vinyl pool. After a lengthy and painful conversion from Baquagoo, we switched to bleach and enjoyed 10 days of swimming.

Then two days ago the pump died. Any suggestions on how to maintain decent chemistry w/o circulation?

Pump quit 2 days after last shock; readings were approximately in-range then (eagerly waiting arrival of Ben's test kit) but no chlorine registers today:
CYA 70
TA 120
PH 7.8

New pump may not be delivered until after July 4th, installed ??

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Bleach=Chlorine?
06-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Dilute bleach in a bucket of water and then slowly pour around the perimeter of the pool. If you have a sump pump or some little pool cover pump I would put it in there and just let it help circulate the water around the pool. Have to be careful to dilute the CL so as to not damage the liner.

Rangeball
06-30-2006, 10:58 AM
New pump may not be delivered until after July 4th, installed ??

Any ideas would be appreciated.

This seems to indicate your getting your new pump from a local store or pool supply place, installed by them too?

If so, ask them if they have a portable pump/filter combo you can use in the interim.

When our pump went bad (and when I relied on pool store for everything) they brought a small DE filter/pump combo on a portable cart and ran it in my pool until they were able to install the new pump.