PDA

View Full Version : Need Tips Cleaning Diving Board, and seats

Enigma869
06-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Good Evening All...

I was wondering if anyone might be able to give me any tips on cleaning my diving board? Would just plain old bleach and a scrubbing brush do the trick or is there something that might work better? It's a standard 6 foot white (at least it's supposed to be white...it's a bit dirty!) diving board that I assume is made of fiberglass. Also, I have two jacuzzi seats in my pool that could use some cleaning (the white plastic that is not immersed in the water seems to need the attention). My pool is 18X36 if that has any significance to anyone. Any and all feedback offered is greatly appreciated.

John from Boston

waste
06-29-2006, 09:06 PM
John, bleach and a brush should work on the diving board. As for the above water seats, I usually use pH up (soda ash) or baking soda, sprinkled on a wet 2-way sponge (one side has the green scrubbie surface, use the green side) to do the job, though a little bleach there will help.

mbar
06-30-2006, 09:38 AM
When I had the top of my fiberglass pool re gel-coated this year, the guys cleaned the waterline with a very fine sand paper. It took the dirt right off - I know it may have taken a slight layer of gelcoat off, but the gelcoat is very thick. They left me some to use - it works really fast, and without any pressure it doesn't seem to hurt. I don't plan on doing this often, but what a time saver, and elbow saver. It may be something you want to try.

Enigma869
06-30-2006, 09:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I tried the old-fashioned method of bleach and water. I purchased a couple of the scot-brite scouring sponges and a scrubbing brush at the local Wal-Mart and must say the results were quite dramatic. The steps and jacuzzi seats no longer have dirt marking the water line and the diving board looks like it was replaced, because it is bright white, the color it was supposed to be :) Thanks again for the feedback. Incidentally, the entire cleaning took less than 30 minutes, so I am quite impressed what great work a little brush does!

John from Boston