PDA

View Full Version : Drop test kit question

jd.pool
06-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I've spent a lot of time here recently and can't thank you all enough for what I have learned. I've been using the test strips to test my water. I know I need to purchase a drop kit to get accurate results. This may be a silly question but I was wondering....are the reagents used in the drop kits toxic? After testing your water where do you dump the tested water?

Thanks for your patience with my newbie questions.
Joe

aylad
06-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Not a silly question....welcome to the forum! I believe this thread should cover it...

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=1716&highlight=dump+tested+water

Janet

Phillbo
06-29-2006, 05:21 PM
while laid up with a broken leg for 8 months last year, I hired a pool service to take care of my pool. The pool guy would simply drop a few drops right into the pool to test for pH and Chlor. Never hurt anything that I could tell.

vanhout
06-29-2006, 09:55 PM
while laid up with a broken leg for 8 months last year, I hired a pool service to take care of my pool. The pool guy would simply drop a few drops right into the pool to test for pH and Chlor. Never hurt anything that I could tell.

The OTO bottle says right on it that it contains a chemical known to cause cancer, so I don't think I'd want it in my pool....

waterbear
06-29-2006, 11:33 PM
while laid up with a broken leg for 8 months last year, I hired a pool service to take care of my pool. The pool guy would simply drop a few drops right into the pool to test for pH and Chlor. Never hurt anything that I could tell. A lot of pool service techs do this lazy way...however you really cant get a good reading this way...especially pH....get a new pool guy that does the testing right!

jd.pool
06-30-2006, 09:28 AM
Thank you all for the replies.
Thanks aylad for the link.
I'm so glad I found this web site.
You guys have helped me so much.
Thanks again.
Joe