PDA

View Full Version : Q's on Diamethicus(?) Earth Filter

rio002
04-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Hi all, first post on my first visit lol. I have a feeling I'll be here alot this spring.

I picked up a diamethicus (sp?) earth pump a few months ago and am just starting to work on it and hook it up. Well, it hooks straight up to my 1hp pump, just fine, but when I opened it (the people had said it worked but also said it was a sand filter, so I expected ......sand) and here's these holey rubber mats, mud and cotton batting of sorts. Sooooooo now I need to know exactly what should be in there and what shouldn't. This is my first filter of this type (in fact Swimworld just sent me to sales to buy a new sand filter) apparently it is completely obsolete, it is a Spartan Filter model #24, it's huge, looks to be stainless steel, has Hayward VeriFlow controls. I don't have the finances to replace it, in fact this is my replacement for the sand filter that died, so I am hoping by gathering as much info. as I can, I'll be able to maintain it well. Soon the irrigation will be on and I can fill the pool to test it, but I want to be sure it has all the guts it's supposed to have in it first. Thanks!