PDA

View Full Version : Frog Bac Pac

skiprt
06-27-2006, 05:20 PM
In The Swim's Summer 2006 catalog prices the Frog Bac Pac at $39.99. I emailed them complaining of this high price. Here is the reply I got back:

"Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize, but are price is
based off of the price that the manufacture is selling the product to
us. The price is also higher because it is a hazardous shipment. I
apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please let me
know if there is anything else I can help you with."

The misuse of are for our is their error. But, claiming hazardous shipping as an excuse for charging more than double what my local pool supply shops do is pretty bad for a big Internet based discount seller.

Any ideas on how to refill those Bac Pacs and get the cost back to reality? Or, does King Technologies have us where the printer cartridge folks do?

JohnInSoCal
06-27-2006, 05:50 PM
just remove the bac pac and mineral pac and throw them away and then insert trichlor pucks into the feeder. That's what I do. The frog system is pretty decent as an erosion feeder as you can dial in the flow pretty well. The frog bac pacs are simply trichlor tablets in a plastic shell, just ditch that shell and buy a big tub of pucks at home depot. I suppose you could use the smaller tablets instead of the 3" pucks as well.

-- john

SUNNYDAYS
06-27-2006, 06:56 PM
I bought my Bac Pacs from the site listed below:

http://www.americasbestpoolsupply.com/view_cat.cfm/StartRow/13/DepartmentID/2/CategoryID/210/PageNumber/2

I am new here if you are not allowed to do this someone can remove it. I am a pool owner and not a vendor.