PDA

View Full Version : Spout where water exits pool to filter cracked.. help!

sherriberri
06-27-2006, 12:58 AM
Hi all and thanks in advance for your time...

Most pools in these threads seem to be permament above ground pools but I'm hoping someone can help....

We recently purchased an AQUA-LEISURE 15x48 above ground sleel framed pool. (3800 gallons) Literally, its only been set up about 2 weeks... everything going smooth...

Until tonight.... the spout (for lack of better word) where the water exits the pool to travel to the filter has a hairline crack straight across it thus leaking any time we open the spout to run the filter. Unbeleivable!! We haven't even had it a month! This piece of hardware appears to be permamently attached to the pool thus not replaceable. How can a piece that the safety of the pool depends on crack already? Ugh!

Any advise? Is there any glue type filler or anything for this kind of problem? Surely our pool isn't useless already? I'm baffled.....

I hope this makes sense... Thanks again for taking the time to read my prob...

~sherri

matt4x4
06-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Not sure what the "spout" is, sounds like a type of skimmer...
If it's white plastic, JB weld should seal it fine, however, I know that it would be under warranty, although by the sounds of it, you're not wanting to take it down to return it....

Poconos
06-27-2006, 08:57 AM
I find it diffucult to believe a skimmer, if that's what it is, is permanently attached to a steel wall. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer about the issue?
Al

hrsdennis
06-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Hi, I think we are talking about a soft side pool. Most of the ones I have seen use replaceable Hayward return fittings. If there is a large nut on the outside of the pool it is replacable. If not the glue might work or a picture could give us all a few more ideas.

Dennis