PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought A House with a Baquacil AD System

-EME-
06-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey everyone,

First let me say that it's great to have found this forum.
I'm looking forward to learning from the expertise on this board!

We recently bought a house with a 20,000 gallon, in ground pool which was built in 2005.

The pool has a Baquacil AD automatic dosing system installed.

Our water generally is very clear and bright and I am not having any difficulty maintaining the clarity. However, I do have to scrub the sides of the pool every few days to keep a very fine dust like green algae from growing.

It is not difficult to keep under control, but it's a routine thing that I have to do.

The only real complaint I have with the system is the cost of Chemicals. We go throught the 4 Gal Oxidizer every month, which costs more than $80 per box. Every couple months we have to replace the Sanitizer and Algaestat also and that runs well over $250 for all three.

So far, I am not upset with the water quality ( other than the light aglae that must be scrubbed off once or twice per week ) but I am thinking that converting to chlorine might be better down the road.

Sorry for the long intro but just wanted to give you guys some background info.

My question is this:

Since I am not in immediate need of converting, when is the best time to plan to do a conversion... End of season, Opening of season next year, other suggestions?

BTW, we also have a hottub using Baquaspa products, and I've been very happy with it, but would entertain chaning it also if there are better, cheaper options.... any thoughts about this would be appreciated also.

Thanks!

Michael

MaryLee
06-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Our water generally is very clear and bright and I am not having any difficulty maintaining the clarity. However, I do have to scrub the sides of the pool every few days to keep a very fine dust like green algae from growing.

It is not difficult to keep under control, but it's a routine thing that I have to do.

The only real complaint I have with the system is the cost of Chemicals.

Wow. Honestly, I would convert ASAP. Having to scrub the fine algae off the walls as routine maintenance means that the pool is really not sanitized well. Why not convert now and save a ton of money this summer and not have to worry about a non-sanitized pool. I use strictly bleach and I've never had to deal with algae growing on the walls. I test every other day and as Carl D says...Keep ahead of my water. Seriously, consider converting this season. Good luck..

prh129
06-26-2006, 01:08 PM
With chlorine, you should expect chemical costs to be less than $50 per month including one-time purchases like stabilizer figured in. Plan on a week to convert (although it can be done sooner) but the sooner you do it, the sooner you can start saving $$$.

Peter