PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy water

Gladys
06-25-2006, 01:42 PM
I cant test for FC CC TC, but I hope someone can ease my mind.My pool is always crystal clear using this site.Last eekend had lots of traffic in my pool.Then we had 3 days of hard rain and I couldnt care for it properly.I got about 4 inches of rain in my pool.Now my water is kind of cloudy. Not bad , just not as clear. My numbers are, TC 5 , PH 7.4, ALK 120, CYA40-50, NO hardness, 4x18 round vinyl. Am I correct in thinking I have excess CC, with these Numbers. There is no chlorine smell tho, and no eye burn. Thanks so much. Love this site. Gladys

duraleigh
06-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Gladys,

That's a little puzzling but probably a cheap, easy fix. I would shock the pool to 15ppm in the evening....test and add accurately.

Tomorrow AM, If your Cl has dropped more than a point or so, I'd say chloramines was your issue. The pool should clear and you'll be all set.

I suggest Ben's kit. It allows you to test your Cl with accuracy and will test for CC's....sounds like you could make good use of it...you have a very good understanding of your pool water but you need a kit to help you measure what you're doing.

Gladys
06-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Thanks, I will shock tonight and see if that solves the problem.