PDA

View Full Version : Frog Mineral Purifier

csevel
04-06-2006, 11:06 AM
:confused: I'm considering a new 18' above-ground pool this season. Lots to consider.. I haven't had a pool in 10 years. The pool store wants to include this new Frog system with the Jacuzzi sand 1hp pump as part of the package. Seemed okay...but then there's the cost of replacement cartridges etc. I used to use the Bioguard products with success years ago.
After reading this forum..I'm considering starting new with the three "B"s. Do you all think I should have the store upgrade my pump to a filter style and scrap the "pool frog" altogether?? Or add other components? Thanks for your help.

DavidD
04-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Save your money, scrap the Frog. I think everyone here will agree that you should in fact use the "three B's" since most everyone here has had such success with it. Be forewarned, your pool store will kick and scream and give you all kinds of un substantiated reasons why you shouldn't. My advice is not to tell them. As far as upgrading the filter, my personal opinion is to stay with the sand for your size pool.

CarlD
04-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Do not post the same thread in two different forums, please, especially deliberately to try for more responses. It will be seen here. I'm going to lock down or delete the other one.

waterbear
04-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Read Ben's FAQ on ionizers and metals
http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=98
It should answer your question about whether to get the Frog or not!:rolleyes:

CarlD, Hope this doesn't count as a double post since I had the same reply in the other place :)

Lenny
04-06-2006, 09:27 PM
My pool, which was installed late last year, came with the Nature2. The original cartridge will never leave the box. Unless I can find a buyer, of course :D .

csevel
04-06-2006, 09:59 PM
I apologize CarlD..be easy on the newbie here.