View Full Version : Filter gauge reading 0

lacosh
06-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Our brand new FNS Plus filter reads 0 pressure on the gauge even when the pool is running. Does anyone know of any troubleshooting steps? It seems to be working ok except for the gauge.

Thanks for any suggestions!

pool newby
06-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Lacosh,

Had the exact same problem with my new pump/filter combo. It would read 0 on low speed, and about 8 on high speed. The pool store, Rec Warehouse, assured me it was ok, but it didn't seem right. I read numerous posts here where pressure gauges frequently go bad, and in fact, it's not unusual for a new one to be bad right off the start. Anyway, I got a replacement from the local pool store about 2 blocks away for $10, and it now reads 4 psi on low, and about 12 psi on high, which seems about right. I will be taking the defective one back to Rec Warehouse and demand that they exhange it for a new one, which I will keep as extra one.
There are some recommendations here to replace every season with a new gauge.

good luck,

pool newby

littleHeidi
06-24-2006, 07:42 PM
We have to buy at LEAST one new gauge a year. So far this year, we're on our second. They go bad easily and quickly for no apparent reason. But, they're not expensive at least and easy to slap on the pump!

lacosh
06-28-2006, 03:23 PM
You guys were right on, as usual. We got a replacement gauge from Pentair today and now it's reading pressure just fine. I guess this must happen a lot, because they sent us the replacement with no hassle.