PDA

View Full Version : Initial cost of an SWG?

Luvtlee
06-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Can someone let me know about what we should be paying for the initial set up and installation fees for an "IntelliChlor Chlorine Generator" salt water system vs. a "Polaris Watermatic Automated Granular Dichlor Feeder"? When we first signed the contract for our pool we went with the Dichlor feeder due to the recommendation of our designer. He told us that if we wanted to change our minds later and go with the salt water system it would be no problem at all because they cost about the same.

Now, we want to switch to salt water and our super is telling us that it is going to cost us about another $1200.

Bleach=Chlorine?
06-23-2006, 04:00 PM
I would think the difference in cost would be significant! A di-chlor feeder requires you to dump stabalized chlorine (yuck!) into it all summer. The SWG is creating the chlorine from saltwater so there is a lot more going on.

From what I hear on the board it isn't that much of a DIY project, and I know SWGs can be found for $500-1000 so that seems a bit excessive.... I am not an SWG expert though!!

cwstnsko
06-23-2006, 04:17 PM
IIRC, when I had my pool built, the credit for deleting the feeder was about $200 and the SWG was about $1000-$1200. I expect the actual cost of the feeder was a little more, but they would only credit me $200 to drop it from the package.

mas985
06-23-2006, 04:24 PM
This might not apply to you but my incremental cost for a SWCG was only $400. That is because I chose the AquaLogic system controller for my pool and I only had to buy the cell which was $400. The controller was about $900 at the time.