PDA

View Full Version : Replaster?

rollinrock
06-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Last year I had my painted concrete pool of 22 yrs sandblasted and plastered. Anyone know the average life span of a plaster job before I ihave to get it done again?

GutierrezPlastering
06-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Last year I had my painted concrete pool of 22 yrs sandblasted and plastered. Anyone know the average life span of a plaster job before I ihave to get it done again?

Your water chemistry is the life of the Plaster, so if you keep it balanced properly it can last as much as 20 years. 20years is what i've seen some plaster go for.

jen0418
07-13-2006, 11:16 AM
If you don't mind my asking, how much did the sandblast and replaster cost you? Also, how big is your pool? Thanks.

DogPaddle
07-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Another question...how do you know when replastering is needed? Our pool is 12 years old but looks good. Will there be cracks or something to indicate that a refinish is required? :confused:

GutierrezPlastering
07-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Another question...how do you know when replastering is needed? Our pool is 12 years old but looks good. Will there be cracks or something to indicate that a refinish is required? :confused:

When it becomes Rough; u start to see brownish stains that won't come off, Indicating that the cement cream has gone and only the sand stays behind allowing gunite to bleed through.

THis may be due to bad plaster or just the years have come : The plaster start to pop off or hollow spots ex: u know it's hollow because when u walk on it, it feels mushy.

DogPaddle
07-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the info, Gutierrez!! Looks like I'm OK for now. :D