PDA

View Full Version : oops.... I used a floc!

no1ford
06-21-2006, 11:34 PM
I was one that was stubborn with the whole Bleach thing and I had very badly colored water in my 18 x 48 intex metal frame pool. It was a combo of algea and metal.
I took the advice from the pool store and I used a flocculant-It cleared up my water beautifully-I vaccummed to waste a lot! Although every time someone swims in it now-it gets cloudy.
If I shut the filter off it clears up after a few hours-when all of the stuff sinks to the bottom again.

Will persistence with bleach and filtering clear it up eventually? I can vacuum although it only works so well. Wasn't sure if I could get an aqua bug with the kind of pool I have.
Hoping filtering will work. Any advice?

let_her_flicker
06-22-2006, 06:28 AM
Vacuum all that nasty stuff to waste and get it out of your pool. That may help on the cloudy water issue. Pools will get a little cloudy with high bather use.

no1ford
06-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Ok-well I shut the pump off so it all falls back to the bottom. I closed the pool for the day and I will just keep vacuuming to waste and adding more water to make up for my loss until it is all gone!

Does anyone know if I can use an aquabug on an intex pool? Or any other suggestions?

todays numbers

fc-5-10
alk-180
ph-7.5
cya-30

quenterry0
06-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Yes, I have an Intex pool and have an aqua bug and it works great! :)

Good Luck

no1ford
06-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Great thanks!! Do you know the model number?

quenterry0
06-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Great thanks!! Do you know the model number?
I'm not sure what you're asking...the model # of the aqua bug? I'm not sure - I got the diver dave version from www.intheswim.com.

Hope this helps! :)

no1ford
06-22-2006, 09:12 PM
That is what I was looking for! Thank you so much.