PDA

View Full Version : A test kit for the color blind?

famdog
06-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Can anyone recommend a drop kit for me that doesn't require acute color variation differences to get the results? I'm color blind...ie: I can see colors, but have difficulty with subtle variations of different colors. I can read the dip stick results on my 5-way testing strips ok, but the differences between certain colors are hard for me to discern.

gduk
06-22-2006, 03:48 PM
You're not alone. I have red/green/brown color blindness so the neighbors, co-workers and anyone else who hasn't run away and locked the doors gets to read my pool colors. It's a frustating condition.
I'm working on an experiment though. Being an ex-wearer of the X-chrome contact lens (that's another story), I've found that certain red filters help me in a pinch. I'm scrounging thru craft stores like AC Moore and Michaels' trying to find a red tinted cellophane that will suit me. Some work better than others but nothing is "right"... yet. When the filter is right, all green is like golf course grass, red is like a firetruck and brown is unmistakably brown. No pale tints, etc.

JohnT
06-22-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm scrounging thru craft stores like AC Moore and Michaels' trying to find a red tinted cellophane that will suit me. Some work better than others but nothing is "right"... yet. When the filter is right, all green is like golf course grass, red is like a firetruck and brown is unmistakably brown. No pale tints, etc.

Try a photographers supply place. "Gels" are used to filter light and come in a wide variety of colors. Rosco is one company to try.

littleHeidi
06-22-2006, 05:41 PM
I found this link for color blind people: http://www.lamotte.com/pages/pool/special.html. It's only for FC and TC and I'm not sure how well it would work but you might want to give it a look.

CToon
06-22-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm not trying to make light of the situation , but I look at ph colors and say "Uuhhhhhhh, is that 7.2 or 7.5 " alot

mswlogo
06-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Same here.

It's an Art reading these things even if not color blind.