PDA

View Full Version : First year doing BBB

Bowlin
06-21-2006, 12:00 PM
ANd after a few weeks of swiiming in the pool I asked my brother who has swam in the same pool using pool store chemicals, how his eyes were and other things he said, when he swims in the pool now it fills cleaner and his eyes dont sting as much. Now my question if I dont sound too stupid, is the cleaner term hold any weight, does the BBB method cause less irratation, and less residue??? Dont realy care cause I am BBB for life!!!

milynor
06-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Not real sure if the BBB method is "cleaner" ( maybe one of the more knowledgeable moderators can explain), but I beleive using the BBB method makes you more aware of your testing and that could mean your pool is balanced correctly. My pool has never looked better since using the BBB!

Donna's Poolboy
06-21-2006, 01:01 PM
I think milynor hit it on the head: you're more aware of the water chemistry. What I've learned here is burning eyes tend to indicate high CC and a need to shock. There are other reasons, too. Check out this thread:
http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?t=2987

There might be a simpler explanation: your brother was being polite so that he'd be invited back to swim again! :D
"...yeah, the pool looks GREAT! Never better! And my eyes don't sting! So...same time tomorrow?"

PhantomAndy
06-21-2006, 08:11 PM
It's most likely your much more careful attention to water chemistry. If swimmers eyes are burning, or you have chlorine odors or water that doesn't feel clean - then the water is typically not balanced.

Burning eyes usually ='s improper pH
Chlorine odor usually ='s chloramines (too much combined chlorine - time to shock)

Sounds like you are on track with BBB - good luck with it.