PDA

View Full Version : Ph drop kit?

gonefishin
06-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi all,

I currently use, and like, Ben's 234 test kit. Things have been going quite good with my water so far:) But I was wondering if there is a Ph drop kit that you would recommend. I know the oto is for fast and easy measurment...but is there something that would be consistently more accurate (as a drop kit) than the oto?

thanks,
dan

duraleigh
06-21-2006, 09:27 AM
Hi, Dan,

The accuracy will improve as you use the kit. It's a subjective reading and it gets easier and easier to detect any trends.

Short of a digital meter (did you see the post that used a digital meter and got a pH of 3.5?.....They're quite pricey, too), I have never seen another common test for pH.

gonefishin
06-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the advice :)

I think I've become a poolsolution junkie seeing as how I read darn near every post on the new boards here (many threads I've read multiple times!). I did see the one on the digital meter...it sure does open your eyes on why you should learn to take your own test with fresh reagents.

I really like the feel and results that the DPD chlorine test and other drop tests. Take the number of drops and divide by Xor multiply by X. It just seems so definitive to me...with little question. I'm sure I will eventually feel comfortable with the subjectivity of the OTO test...But I would certainly prefer a drop method, if there is one that would be recommended.

I may have to look into some of the outdoor ornamental fish ponds use anything like this.

(as always) thanks a bunch!
dan

sevver
06-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Is that Joliet Illinois dan?

gonefishin
06-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Is that Joliet Illinois dan?

sure is. It seems we are poolsolution neighbors :)

we could sure use a stretch of warm weather!

take care,
dan

sevver
06-21-2006, 10:18 PM
I got me a heater this year, so the pool is getting used alot anyhow. But I am still waiting for the heat. July and August should bring it.