PDA

View Full Version : Darn Dog!!!!

Marillionfan
06-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Finally got my pool water clear and clean thanks to this forum and yesterday a neighbors dog decided to take a swim and climb out over the edge putting a nickle sized hole in my liner:( I don't even know these people and their dog just runs up my steps and jumps in with my son, his friend and my neice needless to say they all jumped out thinking it might be a mean dog (it is'nt according to the owner) but they didn't know.
The owner of the dog is going to have a local pool store patch the hole but is'nt that the way it goes you just get everything the way you like it then something else happens:rolleyes:

Bleach=Chlorine?
06-20-2006, 01:16 PM
At least the neighbor was cool about fixing it... but yes it does suck.

Marillionfan
06-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Like I said I don't know the guy but he said he takes the dog to the stream I have in my front yard to swim & cool off but can't ever remember seeing him.:)

Tredge
06-20-2006, 02:19 PM
I have a bigger dog that is trained to stay out of the pool....and she eats all encroaching neighbor dogs :)

ScottS
06-20-2006, 02:22 PM
can't ever remember seeing him.:)
funny how now you will never forget :)

Fortunately the dog was nice and didn't attempt to take a chunk out of one of the kids. It sounds like he just wanted to take a dip in your pool since you finally got it clean enough for him. His way of saying good job on the pool :D

It is funny how things work. A bit off subject but it's the same principal as to why I don't get a small scratch recently acquired taken out of my car. If I get it fixed something worse may happen.

capecoraldipper
06-21-2006, 04:28 AM
You should really get to know your neighbor... shows like a stand up fellow.:)

matt4x4
06-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Yes, get to know that neighbour, sounds like a good person.
I own a dog too, and i'm not making excuses for animals here, but they're instictive, they can't reason, they don't look at your pool and think "maybe I should ask permission". However, the owner should keep it leashed if it's that rampant. Then again, your gate should be closed......can't really blame anybody here, sounds like something that happened because of a number of circumstances adding up.....
I too own a larger dog that keeps the rodent and pet population to a minimum around our area (at least on my land it does), last night we had a good 5 minutes of entertainment as my dog "played" with a squirrel, the thing would try to outmaneuvre our dog, but he's so fast, he's on top of it continually, he kept it in a 10x10 area, never letting it get away, once i yelled at him, he knew I was getting mad at him and playtime was over, so one final chomp and game over for the squirrel.....
My dog was pals with a jack Russell from down the road, until I caught the thing relieving itself on one of my baby pine trees, since then,I taught my dog to "play" with the JR the same way he "plays" with squirrels, don't see him much these days.......

Marillionfan
06-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Now I have another question the neighbor has brought a patch kit to fix the hole, one of those that you can use underwater.
like I said the hole is only about the size of a nickle and about 2-3 inches below the water level my wife is not happy about this she wants his insurance to replace the liner .
The pool is only 4 yrs old do you think it would be wise to push for a new liner or just patch it and after draining for winter will there be a problem with the patch when we uncover in the spring?
We have aldo aquired and dog that we had been dog sitting (really long story) but he doesn't go near the pool unless we make him come to us our pet is a pot bellied pig:D

uneamie
07-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Hmm...I'd ask your neighbor if he'd sign an agreement that if the patch does not hold up after you fill it up next season then he will get his home owners to replace it. I think that would be the fair thing to do. Patch kits are OK but don't know how well they stand up to time.

tenax
07-03-2006, 06:28 PM
if you really want to push but be a bit more reasonable in your request, get those kits that have the various patterns of border available to him..gives your pool a fresh look, covers the liner hole and not an out of line request or expense compared to a new pool liner..like insurance is going to cover it anyway.