PDA

View Full Version : Oh man..water restrictions

Pool_Mike
06-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Well,just got to the point that were plan to break ground in less then 1 week. Then today on the news states that were on high alert on water restrictions. :( What to do?

sevver
06-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Can you get coupons for the days you don't use it? I think that this is for watering the lawn though, I don't know if anyone would say anything about filling a pool. That is not something that can be prolonged, it needs to get filled, and balanced ASAP.

Worst case scenario, buy it from a water truck. You may be able to get access to a hydrant and some hose if you talk to the fire department or the public works office. They have a meter that can go on the hydrant port. I did it before and I filled my pool in two hours, 8000 gallons.

Pool_Mike
06-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Can you get coupons for the days you don't use it? I think that this is for watering the lawn though, I don't know if anyone would say anything about filling a pool. That is not something that can be prolonged, it needs to get filled, and balanced ASAP.

Worst case scenario, buy it from a water truck. You may be able to get access to a hydrant and some hose if you talk to the fire department or the public works office. They have a meter that can go on the hydrant port. I did it before and I filled my pool in two hours, 8000 gallons.

Hummm. Never looked at that way. We have a hydrant in front of our yard. I wonder.... Great idea. will ask

However I called the water dept and they said to fill up about 15000 gallons will be about 415.00 on my next water bill :D Is that high?
Basically it is $2.15 for every 1000 gallons of h20 I use.

Thank you for the suggestion

jimmyzshack
06-21-2006, 09:22 AM
if it's 2.15 per 1000 that would be $33 did they quote you wrong?

sevver
06-21-2006, 09:31 AM
When I used the meter and hose, I never recieved a bill, I live in a medium sized town though, but that was nice of them. You have to start it out slow until you have some water in there, then you can let her rip, but I doubt you can handle a full bore opening, I have twelve years of installing water main, and a full hose will put you down. LOL

drumr
06-21-2006, 05:22 PM
I also have a fire hydrant in my front yard...I made a $50 donation to the volunteer fire department and they came right out. I have a 24' AG appx. 14.400 gal and after the first 12" they turned it up and 45 minutes later we were swimming. In my town the fire department pays a flat fee for water so they really appreciated the donation....Good Luck!!