PDA

View Full Version : Sounds crazy but....

pkzmf
06-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Finally got the our 27' ft ag round installed last Monday. Swam on Sat with 82 degree water. Now what sun screen is effective:confused: . And will NOT stain the liner in a couple of years. Used Coppertone Sport (SPF 50 and waterproof) and all of us (4) got burned. Some more that others. My four year old got it the least because he was on the steps 90 percent of the time and not really in the water. I look like a lobster on my chest and back.:)

Bleach=Chlorine?
06-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Frequent application is the key. A family friend works in the industry has told us that most high-SPFs and water-proof versions don't protect that much better than run-of-the-mill SPF30 No Name. To really be protected you need to re-apply every 45 mins to an hour and every time you exit the pool. He used to say that the SPF was really an indicator of how long you could be in the sun before needed to apply again. I don't think any sunscreen will damage the liner in your pool, it will dirty the water and filter faster.

matt4x4
06-19-2006, 03:14 PM
haven't seen sunscreen discolor or stain a liner, what it does do is this:
it floats on the water and eventually creates a black ring around your pool at the water line - this ring can easily be wiped off with vinyl cleaner.