PDA

View Full Version : Solar Cover Reel Install

MaxxFusion
06-19-2006, 10:26 AM
I am about to install my solar cover reel. I plan to mount the reel on some 4x4s at one end of my pool. I have an AG 24' round pool. Anyone that has done something similar do you have any input on the install?

How high did you mount the reel?
How far from the pool is it?
Any other things you found while installing this?
Thanks,
Frank

csevel
06-19-2006, 10:48 AM
The poolstore guy told me not to install my solar cover reel on posts as I would only be able to attach two or three straps to the cover for rolling. Is this true? I also didn't want to install the reel in the center of the pool as I would be the only one removing it and I think it might take two people.:confused:

MaxxFusion
06-19-2006, 10:54 AM
The poolstore guy told me not to install my solar cover reel on posts as I would only be able to attach two or three straps to the cover for rolling. Is this true? I also didn't want to install the reel in the center of the pool as I would be the only one removing it and I think it might take two people.:confused:

THere has been several people in this forum that have done it this way. There were pics here before but since the site crash they are gone.

NWMNMom
06-19-2006, 01:23 PM
We have several straps attached to ours - our posts (steel pipes in concrete) are 2.5-3' off the back end of the pool and the reel is set about 1' or a bit less above rail height - my advice, I wish we would have gone higher on the reel height so the blanket would be reeled UP and off instead of straight back and dragging all the way back under the rails. Otherwise, it works awesome. It really gets the blanket off and out of the way, also goes back on just great.