PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass PH isues

ThePoolGuy
06-18-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm new here and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Does Fiberglass effect the PH lvls in the pool? I've got a pool I can't seem to increase the PH above 6.8 using everything from Soda ash to PH increaser. It's my first Fiberglass and I'm just wondering whats going on with it.

Thanks
ThePoolGuy

waterbear
06-18-2006, 08:24 PM
fiberglass is pretty non reactive with just about anything in the pool except metals! It should have no impact on your pH. I will bet that your are chlorinating with trichlor pucks which have a very low pH. BTW, Soda ash IS pH increaser IS Washing Soda from the grocery store!

What is your Total alkalinity? I suspect it is very low. If it is below about 100 ppm use baking soda (good old Arm and Hammer) to raise it first then ajust your pH if needed.
It would really be helpful if you could post a full set of tests results so we can get a handle on what is going on in your pool and help you with dosing ,etc. and

ThePoolGuy
06-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Hey thanks for the reply and advie etc.

The only testing I've done ATM is your typical Chlor/PH test. It's always around 2.0 chlor and 6.8 PH. The next time I'm out there I'll pull a sample and test it at the shop.