PDA

View Full Version : Buying my first pool. Is the fall an ok time to buy?

JoeLansing
09-16-2018, 11:55 PM
I want to pull the trigger on:
Intex 24 x 52 Ultra Frame
2650 sand filter pump with salt water thing (includes deluxe maintenance kit)
Taylor K-2006 and K-1766 test kits.

Will this get me started? Is buying in the fall any better than spring? The above will run me $1100 or so.

PoolDoc
09-24-2018, 11:13 AM
Sorry, I've been distracted.

+ Yes, that setup will work, though you may want a better pole and net later.
+ Turn off the salt water unit; don't add salt. AG pools are NOT compatible with the more corrosive salt water.

I'd do any site prep you can now, but don't turn the site into a muddy winter mess. Then, wait till spring. There are several reasons.
1. Warranty on the pools is poor, and slow. You need to get the pool up QUICK, and use it QUICK, so you can return the whole thing to the seller if necessary. Buy from Walmart, if available. (But do not get their preferred in-house brand; stick to Intex).
2. Pools require maintenance over the winter. That's a no-fun, low-motivation time to learn.

Good luck!

PoolDoc
09-24-2018, 11:13 AM
The forum is currently only minimally active. Your best bet, if you still need info is to use the Super Search page, to create special search links will allow you to search PoolForum. A phrase like "[]" may produce answers you're looking for.

Upgraded membership and moved thread to the Intex section. You may need to log out and back in to see everything.

PS.You can search use Google to search multiple pool sites, using Google's 'advanced search operators" to limit your search to specific sites. This page of mine (http://pool9.net/ssearch/) will create the search links for you. Google knows my site -- and all the others -- much better than those sites internal search functions! And, if you need to post pictures -- of your pool, filter, pump, piping, what-not -- there are instructions on this page (http://pool9.net/postpix/)

Please note: the Super Search page does NOT search directly; it only CREATES special Google links, that enable a FOCUSED Google search!