PDA

View Full Version : Storm safety

MagsKLB
06-08-2018, 06:30 AM
I have a 10’ X 30” summer waves easy set pool. It is storming for the first time since I set up and I unplugged the filter and left the power adapter inside the garage. If the power adapter gets wet from a storm is it safe to plug back in after simply drying it off with a towel? Is it even safe to leave outside as long as it’s unplugged?

PoolDoc
06-08-2018, 07:00 AM
=> It's safe to leave outside when it's unplugged.

But for the rest, it sort of depends on how it's made. Summer Waves is very much a 'as cheap as possible so we can get by' company, and they are notorious for not honoring their warranty.

So . . .

=> I don't know if it is rain-safe, but I'd doubt it.

=> I'd be careful plugging it back in, if it DOES get wet. Wear rubber gloves or even dry gloves, and don't do it barefoot.

And . . .

=> Consider getting a couple of patio blocks for it to lay on (so it's not in wet grass or a puddle) and putting it under a bucket or something, that covers if if does rain.

If you want a more specific answer, take some clear pictures, post them on Imgur, and then link them here. This page explains how: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php/29084