PDA

View Full Version : tear in above ground pool liner causing hole 12" wide and 9" deep

poolpuppy
05-28-2017, 01:54 PM
I'm posting this for a friend so info on my account not for this pool. His is an oval much bigger and deeper pool. We live in Florida and it's very sandy here but still concerned about the hole this tear, about 2" long caused. He had the land surveyed by a sinkhole company before installation and they said it was ok.

I dove down to try and patch it and the pull from the hole took the patch out of my hand. It was that strong. Covered it with a bowl and it leaked slower but liner will have to be replaced. Anyone had a fast leak that caused holes in the earth below it?
TX
Happy Memorial Day.

poolpuppy
05-28-2017, 01:55 PM
oh forgot. The hole is about 12" in diameter and 9" deep and there seem to be smaller ones around the bigger hole.

FormerBromineUser
05-28-2017, 09:33 PM
Yikes! I can't help really, but I am curious. What "pull" caused the patch to leave your hands?

poolpuppy
05-29-2017, 09:12 AM
The force of the water going into the split in the liner when I put my hands near it. After losing the patch we got a heavy glass salad bowl i was going to put upside down on the split in liner and had a space picked out in the hole to place it in and the force of the pull put the bowl in another spot.

FormerBromineUser
05-31-2017, 08:46 PM
I missed your response until now. Any updates?

poolpuppy
06-02-2017, 06:19 PM
Probably Replacing liner. The hole did not get any bigger but we'll wait and see what the well established pool company has to say about the ground before we go ahead. It was only four years old. Don't think that should have happened