PDA

View Full Version : brown stain is it rebar rust?

y0manda
06-16-2006, 02:29 AM
Noticed the first couple days after my new pool was finally filled a few stains in the pool. After reading this forum I was more concerned and had my water tested for metals which was 0. I got one of those erasers from Leslie's and rubbing lightly on my new black bottom plaster seemed to remove it although it did leave a mark on the plaster. There are a couple more about a dime size and one of the more darker one looks like its missing plaster about a BB size in diameter and about the thickness of a DVD if that. I didnt want to rub it with the eraser not knowing what further damage it may cause so I have been monitoring it for the past week now. Salt is goign to be added in a few weeks.

Simmons99
06-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Is this a new pool? Have you talked with your pool builder to see what they say?

y0manda
06-21-2006, 01:11 AM
actually I am the owner builder, and yes the pool is new about 2 weeks worth of water now.

Simmons99
06-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Have you asked the company who did the plaster? The reason I ask is that you don't want to do anything that will void the warranty.

y0manda
06-28-2006, 12:15 AM
No I am just waiting or monitoring the stains, There are still just the two small stains about a dime size if that. not getting any worse. Though I should call them to take a look at it.