PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Burgers

Poconos
06-15-2006, 10:28 PM
This story is real, nothing has been changed to protect the innocent. To me it is a great example of our taxpayer dollars at work to 'protect us'. A couple of my friends are NASCAR fans and went camping last weekend at Long Pond, PA where the Pocono 500 was to be run Sunday, 11 June. One of their camping neighbors was a group from Canada. The Canadians had made a bunch of burger patties and tried to get them across the border. Nope. Have to confiscate the burgers because of the Mad Cow threat. If the meat had been in the original package maybe that would have been OK. Don't know. Anyhow, here we confiscate ground beef for private consumption, and our southern border is wide open to the conservative estimate of 2000+ illegals a day, carrying who knows what diseases, contraband, etc. How many times has an airline flight from Europe been diverted to Bangor, Maine because one person on the manifest was on some US Gov. watchlist? Is Bangor in some foreign country? I think Maine is still a state. Oh well, I really feel safe at night knowing illegal burgers aren't making their way into our country.
Al
PS: I hope the customs inspectors enjoyed the burgers. Mooo !

JETTA
06-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Here is my story..I frequent the Eastern Townships of the Province of Quebec. One of my favorite food items is the traditional meat pie. It was the summer of 2004 and we had the cooler packed with three pies to bring back to the USA. When the US customs opened the cooler, they saw the pies. They gave two choices...throw them in the trash or return them to where you purchased them.

I could not see throwing food away, so we had to go through the Canadian customs and explain the reason why we were going back into the country. We said per the US customs our meat pies are banned in the USA due to mad cow. 1 hour later we crossed the border, meat free.

matt4x4
06-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Here's our story.
Christmas, we took our 6 yr old on a 2 day road trip from Ontario Canada to Florida for his christmas present, 2 weeks at Disney. At the border in Detroit, the border jerk (and i really mean that) confiscated our roast beef because of Mad cow, funny thing is, it was purchased at M&M meats (an american outfit selling beef brought in from - you guessed it!), however, the corned beef was ok to cross the border and make the trip south, I thought that stuff also came from cows......

What gets me is that this beef was going to be eaten BY US, IN OUR VAN, WHILE DRIVING with the windows up!!!! How the He11 is it going to affect any US citizen even if it DID have mad cow????