PDA

View Full Version : New member from Virginia

Mike&Barb
09-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Mike and the my wife is Barbara. We have been the original owners of a 16x32 Fantasea pool with deep end for 26 years now. I have replaced the liner and water walls 3 times myself. We have learned quite a lot over the years with water testing, chemicals, and rebuilding the pool. I came across a thread about rebuilding a Fantasea and hope to share some information and things that I have done. Unfortunately the steel in our pool (bottom u-channel) is just about had it. As we near retirement we have to make a choice, rebuild the pool from the ground up (steel) or tear it down and put in a fiberglass unit. I estimate the rebuild at less than 10K versus 40K+ for a new one and stonework to go with it. It's just all about manpower for the first one and is actually the way we are leaning at this time. A decision will be made within a year.
As far as chemicals, we've used Bauqucil for many years and it just was not a good way to go. For the last 6 years we use a saltwater generator and I cannot say enough good things about that! Annual costs are less than $50 if that. Low maintenance, stays perfect all the time, no issues whatsoever!
Stay cool, its been a great summer in the pool again!