PDA

View Full Version : DE Filter - Grid has Ripped

applepar
08-27-2016, 03:04 PM
We have a Jandy DEL60 Filter. Several of our grids have tears in them. We have replaced all the large grids, but have to wait another week for the small grid to be delivered.

1. Can we run the filter without the small grid? Is it better to keep it out then run with a ripped grid?
2. Is there any way to repair the tears? The grids are very expensive!

Thank you - Paula

swimdaddy
08-29-2016, 05:17 PM
Don't know much about your filter, or for that matter DE filters. I am no expert, but there doesn't seem to be anyone around on this forum anymore, so I try to answer questions and hope someone with more experience answers too. If you have a filter with a multi-port valve, you could and should continue to run your pump on "recirculate", which means the pump still runs and the pool water bypasses the filter and goes straight into the return line. Even if you can't filter right now, you can keep the water circulating this way and algae free. You could also filter using a skimmer sock while you wait for the new grids.

JimK
08-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Don't know much about your filter, or for that matter DE filters. I am no expert, but there doesn't seem to be anyone around on this forum anymore, so I try to answer questions and hope someone with more experience answers too. If you have a filter with a multi-port valve, you could and should continue to run your pump on "recirculate", which means the pump still runs and the pool water bypasses the filter and goes straight into the return line. Even if you can't filter right now, you can keep the water circulating this way and algae free. You could also filter using a skimmer sock while you wait for the new grids.

+1

I'm not familiar with that filter (I have a Hayward DE filter), but I'd be surprised if you could run it properly with the small grid missing.