PDA

View Full Version : Hello. Overwhelmed and completely clueless.

thebeijaflor
08-03-2016, 03:39 PM
My husband and I just built and moved into our home in Omaha. We are currently on vacation in Hawaii in a home with a pool. Of course, my kids (and us) have fallen in love.

So I decided to browse the forums here and have to say that I am completely lost. Any help or advice you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

1. We would ideally like to do this DIY.
2. Fibreglass or not fibreglass?
-We want minimum maintenance and hassle. We have 2 babies under 2 and another on the way, so minimal maintenance is a high priority for us.

3. I have heard you can get salt water pools? I like this idea. What are the pros and cons?

4. How long does a DIY installation generally take?

5. Does anybody have any success stories and/or photos of pools they did themselves?

6. A neighbour has a pool that doesn't have tile - it has a soft type flooring that looks like tile and I love it. It's soft and pretty. Does this mean they have a vinyl pool? What are the pros and cons?

7. Is it realistic to have a good quality inground pool for under $40k? $50k? Everything included?

8. I apologise about how completely ignorant I am on this subject. The more I research the more confused I seem to get.

Thanks in advance.